Makes 24 cookies Hands-On Time: 05m Total Time: 1hr 00m Note: Total time includes cooling time
* 1 14-ounce package sweetened shredded coconut
* 1 cup sliced almonds
* 3/4 cup sugar
* 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
* 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
* 4 large egg whites
1. Heat oven to 325° F. In a large bowl, combine the coconut, almonds, sugar, lemon zest, and salt. Mix in the egg whites.
2. Drop mounds of the mixture (each equal to 2 tablespoons) onto 2 parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing them 1½ inches apart.
3. Bake, switching the baking sheets halfway through, until the edges begin to brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool slightly on baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
4. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.